Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Guns...I love 'em.

So, there's a new "shutting down bullshit about gun safety" video out there...thought you would enjoy it as much as I did.
They throw a few things out there and let their panel respond.
Here's my take:
1st - "Guns are only a problem in the inner cities" - After thinking about it. Ok. I can see the rationale. As I see it, outside the city we use our guns for fun (target practice), hunting and home defense most of the time. In the city, well, there are a lot more self defense opportunities. There are a LOT more "irrational gun owner" incidents. There are a LOT more "irrational UNREGISTERED gun owner" incidents because there are a LOT more unregistered GUNS. Cities aren't the ONLY problem though. Plenty of suburbs and even some rural areas are infected with silly fucks who go to extremes. I expect anywhere there is a serious meth problem, for example, will have increased rates of all of the above.
2nd - "The issue isn't guns, it's mental health" - Every person that shoots someone for a reason other than self-defense...probably has some mental issues. And LADY, we have gun homicide rates higher than EVERY country in the world because WE HAVE GUNS! It's hard to get a gun in Germany, Iceland. We have almost 3 times as many guns per person as any other country in the world.
3rd - "Having guns on college campus' will decrease sexual assault." - I honestly believe that's the truth. If a young woman is trained to use and care for her weapon, especially in the presence of others, she is formidable when armed. As well she has a high chance of NOT hurting anyone inappropriately with her weapon. Girls are NOT dumb and they are fully capable when trained appropriately. I have to think rapes would get a whole let less common REAL quick after the first shooting. Maybe the ad campaign letting campus know there are free gun lessons for women wouldn't but that first shooting definitely would. Oh, and stopping sexual assault before it occurs? That's MENTAL HEALTH too! We don't need better gun laws, we need to get on this "help the folks with mental health issues" band wagon. Free anger management and gun training in the inner cities!
4th - "Sandy Hook is a hoax" -This is childish to even bring up in a serious conversation. Douche.
I can see the panel is intelligent. It seems like these three organizations have good intentions even. But the issues don't stem FROM guns. The gun violence is a symptom of an underlying inability for certain people to handle their problems without going to extremes.
In summary Kids, if someone tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back, but normally, use your words. Leave your guns at home, Bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left, do NOT trust your leadership...

To the left, none of us over here in rational land hate you. Certainly not me. We APPRECIATE a lot of the efforts you make. Police brutal...