Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Loose lips definitely sink ships.


This weekend President Trump instituted a 90 day moratorium on travelers from a number of failed States. I find this interesting in a number of ways:
First, it was a surprise to most people. They purposely asked, and told, nobody about this. That tells me that they feel the same way I do. Corruption and factionism and just plain selfishness abound in the current Government populace. The fact is, a week's notice would have resulted in a mass influx of people before the moratorium went into place. When governing this country is a war in and of itself, loose lips most definitely sink ships. I like the secrecy.
Second, it was well thought out, a 90 day halt to people coming from countries we CLEARLY do not trust. Some time is necessary to get a handle on who IS in the country and who isn't before a controlled flow can be established.
See, you have to remember, most things in Government are planned by the underlings. Directed by the big dogs but planned and executed by underlings none the less. Underlings do not think about a big picture. Underlings usually satisfy the requirements and go home at night. It should NEVER have been handled that way, but it was. By implementing an immediate stay we have time to put a stop to any willy-nilly-ness for now while the policies, standards and procedures are assessed and augmented.
A lot of people are just up in arms about this but, to me, it makes sense in the context of a leader walking into an environment that has been mishandled for years. Security is a concern. You wouldn't own a building and not lock the door. You'll end up with people squatting in your space and consuming resources without warning or worse abusing and destroying it's facilities. We can at least have a "pretty open" door policy limiting only those inclined to squat or destroy. Thereby 109 people were detained at airports and thousands of understandably pissed people descended on the airports. Understandably but, not in the right. Can you imagine trying to get through TSA with this shit going on? How many people were negatively impacted when 2000 people, that shouldn't be there, are crowding O'Hare's outbound area? All because 18 people are being detained. We could have had as many Americans with shampoo bottles .5oz too big that day.
New The grade? I think a B+. The move was awesome. But they should have had vetted personnel on site at the airports ready to guide Homeland Security through the surprise. It would have actually been pretty awesome to hear that "Homeland Security didn't know about the change until that afternoon but the Trump administration had brilliantly placed personnel on site to assist in handling the knew procedures"!
To the Trump administration, I told you guys on the twitter, I consult. Just let me sit in on the meetings and I can bring value. It might seem sparse, you ARE professionals I shouldn't have to teach you much, but the value is real. I can help you get in front of shit like this and you would have looked more prepared. It's less than five why's away. And, I can help Mr. Spence. He just needs some coaching.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left, do NOT trust your leadership...

To the left, none of us over here in rational land hate you. Certainly not me. We APPRECIATE a lot of the efforts you make. Police brutal...